I would like to express my appreciation for the support & guidance that you have given to my son 'Waman Gokhale ' who has finish his 10th in flying colours. I am sure that it was not an easy task for you to work towards it.The institution is blessed with such talented teachers who have worked to make a difference in my child's life. The teachers have always encouraged my child & I thank them for having faith in him. In short the children have developed an all-round personality which will help them to be future leaders. In short, the school's effort & work is commendable! "
Parents of students at The Brigade School in malleswaram have written to us of their experiences and reactions to the school. We share their responses with you in the excerpts that follow . . .
Our child has been a part of your school for almost 3 years and we have seen a tremendous change in our child's socio-emotional behaviour.
Since we spent almost 2.5 years overseas and as our child spent most of his initial childhood there, our child was a very shy and was not socially interacting with others, once we were back in India This really worried us.I would like to highlight a few points which has been the best part of the school:
- The way the children are being guided well during the initial years of schooling, making them love and respect nature. Maybe very simple but it is effective e.g. Like using small glass of water during brushing their teeth, making them understand the importance of saving water.
- Concept of overnight stay at school - makes them really independent.
- The MSA activity wherein parents get to know how the child has learnt concepts taught in that academic year.
- The Annual Day - This really boosts the children's confidence (stage fear). I was greatly mesmerised by the efficient presentation of the entire programme which was hosted by the children. Hats off to the efforts put by the staff.
- Open house - The staff is very polite in addressing the child's improvement areas, made me really happy. Rather than complaints, we, the parents, were guided on how to overcome and improve the weak areas of our child, which also mended our ways of handling a few issues. A great applause to the entire team.
- Each one of your staff are so responsible in treating and handling children, may it be during the dispersal at the end of the day or during the school day programme.
At this point I realized that the school has created an environment which makes him like the school, this sounds like something that is taken for granted and expected of every school. However, I realize not every school is able to provide and also realise its importance based on discussions with my friends. I therefore want to write to you and provide our appreciation for having created this environment of fun and learning for my son (my daughter has also joined the school)Some specific things that I want to appreciate:
- I notice an emphasis on Indian culture and values to which I and my family attach a great deal of importance. We notice this in the Indian greeting of 'namaskara' instead of a hi or a hello by teachers and students, the school anthem and themes of school events (to name a few)
- I noticed children playing Kabbadi which is a lost sport in most schools this again shows that the school is committed to promoting local values without trying to be pretentious by promoting only glamorous western sports.
- I meet a lot of teachers who are very passionate about their children, without naming any one specific, I recall a teacher saying she will try her best to make sure her students remember her and greet her even after they pass out of her class. These sort of meetings further our trust in the school and its teachers. This one example sent me a message that it was not just a 'JOB' for this teacher but a lot more personal. I congratulate the school for having such teachers on board and wish they continue to do so.
- I am also very happy with the varied extracurricular activities and the quality of these activities at the school like Music and Swimming. I notice that the teachers and facilities for these activities are of high quality and not something that’s just a tick in the box.
We would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate you and the teachers of your school for the wonderful performances that were put up by the children in the Annual Day and during the MSA that was held earlier this week. It is indeed a revelation to us to see that our 5/6 year olds are capable of so much. Compering the Annual Day, remarkable performances, be it in dance or drama, to speaking with confidence to rank strangers and showcasing what they have learnt - it's really encouraging to see the children's all round development.
These interactions also give us insights on what we can encourage the children to do and hone their skills more on, at home... Kudos to your teachers for their patience and persistence in coaching the children and turning out such stellar performances !
We would also like to take this opportunity to request you for more frequently scheduled interactions (quarterly, at least) with the teachers to get more real time feedback on the child's development.
We would also like to inform that we and a few other parents living in our apartment complex at Malleswaram, are very keen to avail school bus facilities and would request you to re-consider this option.
We are happy to have our child be a part of your school, and look forward to a lengthy association with you. "
The Entire program was very well conceptualized and organized and it was a sheer pleasure to interact with the kids. It was amazing to see the little ones display their knowledge with the enthusiasm and confidence that has been instilled in them by the school.
In fact, we as parents got to learn a lot from the kids yesterday and also got to know about the way things are taught in school these days!! Kudos to the teachers for the commendable effort that they have put in consistently throughout the year which has resulted in such a fruitful outcome.
The biggest compliment a teacher or a school can get is when a student goes home and says 'I had a great day at school' and that's what our child and we both felt yesterday. Thanks for making them 'enjoy learning' and making them realize 'that school can be fun'.
As parents our child's future is our constant concern. But at the back of our minds we are at peace now because we know our child is in good hands in a school likes this cause at the end of it all ‘We are raising a child together'.
Here's wishing the school lots of success in future as well, cause when u succeed so do we as parents. "